Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Benco - Copy Editors

So last night I got drunk at a bar and challenged Lore Sjoberg, via Twitter, to see who could write the better song. Well, I tried to at least. I never actually challenged him, if you want to get technical about this. Either Twitter dropped a few of my messages or I sent them to the wrong address or I only think I sent them because I was in a diabetic coma brought on by sugar, vodka and fresh squeezed lemons. It's hard to say.

The point is, I wrote a song about copy editors:

Benco - Copy Editors

You took my story and you stole it's meaning,
I left it there for the readers gleaning.
You destroyed it on my lunch break,
and left the filler in it's wake.

Did you not think those words were arranged,
to create an atmosphere purposely deranged.
I killed myself to write this piece,
and couldn't you just at least,

leave the line about the possum,
because that line was fucking awesome.
Oh wait, what were you going to say?
Oh. I see. Never mind, that's OK.


It should probably be stated that, while drunk, copy editors and regular editors seem very similar, if not interchangeable. I hope I don't get disqualified from my own imaginary dual because of this.

No comments: